Friday, October 2, 2009

5 Years!

I am writing this blog at 9:45am. 5 years ago at this time, I was going to starbucks to get a pumpkin spice latte and then going to quizno's to have lunch. I could not eat anything but broccoli and cheese soup. My mind was a fog, and I was trying to remeber everything I needed to do for the day. After lunch, I headed to Mike's parents house to start getting ready for my wedding! So many emotions were running through me. I was beyond excited, nervous, happy, scared etc.
We got married in Mike's paretns backyard. I remember, right before they opened the gate for me to walk down to Mike, that I was so sure about this decsion. I was so happy to be marring the one person I wanted to share my life with. My stepdad walked me halfway down the isle and then handed me to my Dad, then my dad walked me to the canopy where Mike and my brother were. I gave my brother and my dad hugs, and they handed me off to Mike. At that moment things began to hit me hard. I looked atMy boyfriend who was about to marry me, and knew that he was my family now. When I needed something, I was not going to call my parents, I was going to talk to him. It was no longer my life, but our life. I heard one thing the pastor said and it was that I must leave my father and mother and cling to Mike. I wanted to stop him and say, "yes, i got it, I have to depend on Mike now, you can stop saying that." I was scared! what if one of us lost our job? What if my car broke down? What if, what if, what if?! Then we stared to say our vows, and I looked at Mike and all I saw was the love I had for him. He was and is the best person for me. He is the most understanding man I have ever know. I have complete comfort in knowing that he will NEVER leave me, and he will do whatever it takes to make me happy. He is by far, the best father I could have picked for my kids. We have survived so much already. We made it through owning a business together, two kids, and buying and selling houses. The business made things very hard and stressful for us. It was a huge strain on our relationship, but we did not give up. He still makes me laugh harder than anyone else. He is one of the only people in the world that can calm me down and see things logically when I am flipping out. I love you, Mike! Happy Anniversary!!!! Oh, and I could not find a wedding picture on my computer so I am posting one of my wedding ring. My original wedding ring fell in our garbage disposal and was demolished last november. Mike took apart our disposal, and found the band, and the big diamond. Mike took my ring to a jeweler in town, and designed me a new ring and this is what I got last year for Christmas. It has my original diamonds in it, and he was able to add a lot more. The coolest thing about my ring is that He designed it himself, and got to use my original diamonds.

1 comment:

Amanda Brooke Kilgore said...

Oh my goodness. That was soooooo sweet!