Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Swine Flu anyone?

I am not the typical parinoid mom. I don't line my coffee table and firplace with cushions. I don't care if my kids go outside with wet hair. If Owen's binky falls on the ground, I pick it up and hand it back to him. I don't even stress out when both of my kids ate bugs. What does get me all crazy is sickness, and grems. It angers me to no end when people are in public and they are sick. I can hold my tounge to some point, but when someone walks up to me and says, "I feel like crap!" I will, 9 times out of 10, say, "well if you are sick, stay away from me, and go home so you are not spreading your germs to all of us that are not sick!" If it offends people that I say that, oh well. It is offensive to me that people to go out in public when they are sick, have no regard for my kids health. All of this to say...I am hating this swine flu stuff. I do not worry about my kids dying from this, but I don't want to have to take them to the hospital because they have a high temperature. My biggest problem is that I don't feel confident in giving my kids the h1n1 vaccination. This is a new vaccination, and I feel like it is rushed out to the public, and no one will really know the true side effects for a while. They have directly linked gillian barre syndrome with this vaccination, which scares me. I want to know what other moms think. Who is going to vaccinate for this and why or why not? Thanks.

3 comments:

Amanda Brooke Kilgore said...

My family is not doing the swine flu vaccine. I'd rather wait a few years and make sure it's safe.

carrie said...

we have decided not to get it either. I don't trust that what people are saying about this is true. It is just another way to scare americans, and make us pay more money to the drug companies. Or is could be that this really is a bad flu, and I still don't want to get a shot people know nothing about.

Ginger said...

Hey there! I work in a hospital now, and they are telling anyone who DOES get the vaccine that they have to be quarantined away from the patients for at least 7 days afterwards. Too scary for me!! Also, with either the seasonal flu vaccine or the H1N1, the nasal spray is LIVE virus.....it is the one that can give you the flu. The shots are the only one that is not a live virus form.