Wednesday, September 23, 2009

My baby is growing up!





Today is biiter sweet for me. Four years ago today, at this very moment, I was lying in a hospital bed a little depressed that the medication they had given me was not starting my labor. They told me I was going to have to have pitosin to get things going. At noon I was given pitosin and at 2 I decided to stop trying to be tough and get an epidural. Scarlett Grace Remund was born at 9:55pm, and it was one of the best moments of our lives. One of my biggest memories was watching tv as I was pushing. Hurricane Rita was hitting the gulf coast as I was bringing Scarlett in to the world. What a memory! My mom and Holly got to be there to help with pictures and my mom got to hold my leg. But then, as Scarletts head was crowning, my mom got so excited, she dropped my leg. because I had an epidural, I could not move my leg, it was just hanging on the side of the bed. I remember the night she was born I watched her sleep all night long. I could not take my eyes off her, and I kept thinking that this baby was mine and I was actually a mom. I was so happy she was cute and she was perfect.
I remember walking out of the hospital when we were taking her home thinking, these people are just going to let us leave with a baby, they are not going to stop us! We will be responsible for her for the next 18 years! It was all hitting me fast. We stayed at my moms house for 1 week to have help. I am glad we did that, because Scarlett wanted to stay awake all night and sleep all day! I was exhausted.The day we went home was the day after our 1 year anniversay. I remember sitting in our living room with Scarlett on the floor sleeping, and we opened a bottle of dom perignon and toasted to our new life.
Now 4 years later, I have the sweetest little girl in the world. She makes my life so incredible. She is smarter than I ever was. I am constantly proud of her. Thank you Jesus for giving her to Mike and I, we are so lucky that we were chosent o be her parents. Last night she gave me her last 3 year old hug and kiss. I told her we coudn't call her baby anymore, because she was a little girl now. Kind of sad, but I am so excited to continue to watch her grow.

2 comments:

molly june. said...

that was just the sweetest! made me cry :) happy birthday to scarlett!

Amanda Brooke Kilgore said...

I love hearing birth stories. Each is so special. I totally cracked up when I read how your mom dropped your leg and it was helplessly hanging off the side of the bed. Way to help, Mommo! tee hee