Thursday, October 15, 2009

I am a lucky girl...

Yesterday I turned 28. This was not a huge birthday for me since I can already drink, smoke, gamble and rent a car. I mean what else is there to look forward to as far as birthday's go, right?! Well I was driving yesterday, thinking about turning 28, and would I feel any different from being 27? Considering the fact that I don't remember how old I am half the time, i did not think much would change. The thing I realized is that, I am still so young, but I have had a lifetime of happiness already. Not all people can say this, and I have experienced things that not all people get to experience. I AM A LUCKY GIRL!
1. I have had life FULL of love!
2. I have had 4 parents that love me, and would do anything for me. Some people don't even have one and I have 4! Actually I have Mike's parents now so that brings my parent grand total to 6!
3. I have been lucky enough to have grandparents in my life that I am close to and have influenced my life in such positive ways.
4. I have amazing step parents, and I know very few people that can say that.
5. I was lucky enough to know what it is like to meet somone and instantley fall in love with them. I can really say I know what love at first sight feels like. I know what true love is, and I have a husband who will do anything for me. He will never give up on me and he supports me!
6. I know how it feels to look down an aisle and be so excited to be looking at the person I would spend the rest of my life with, and create a family with.
7. I got to experience the excitment a woman gets from getting a positive pregnancy test twice, and the days of total confusion that follow that.
8. I had the joy of telling all of my parents that they were going to be grandparents twice.
9. The most undiscrible joy is being able to bring a life into the world with the person you love the most.
10. I have experienced the excitment of knowing that I was moments away from meeting my child, and being scared, nervous, and incrdible happy all at the same time. TWICE!

I have been fortunate enough to have so many incredible life experiences in my life, and in only 28 years. Sometimes I look at my little family and think, "how did I get so lucky?" God has given me so much to be thankful for! It is good to take a minute to think about all of the good things in your life, every once in a while. So, all of this to say, I think I do feel different.

4 comments:

trinadette said...

Thanks Carrie! That was a great reminder. :) What an amazing way to look at your birthday! Thanks for sharing, it blessed me!

carrie said...

TRINA! thanks for reading! now go and start a blog for yourself so I cna enjoy reading about your life!

Amanda Brooke Kilgore said...

Glad you feel so happy and loved. Life certainly has it's good points, and what better day to embrace it all than your birthday? Keep this post handy - you'll need it when you turn 30. 30 sucks!

Jess said...

happy late birthday, cuz! i hope you had a great day.what a great post!