Friday, October 30, 2009

baby number 3?

No, I am not pregnant. I never thought I wanted more than two kids, but now I am rethinking that! Some of my friends are starting to have babies, and when I see those babies, I get sooooo sad that Owen and Scarlett are growing up. Anytime I talk to people with 3 or more kids, they say they love having three kids, and they are so happy they had more kids. We just can't make up our minds! Some days I want more kids, and then there are other days when I don't think I could handle one more! I have asked women that have two kids, "Did you ever think you wanted more?" and they all have told me no. They said they knew they were done having kids and they were happy with the decision to stop. I am missing a baby around so much, I think about it almost every day. I don't know if this is because Keely is about to have a baby, or it is me knowing that there are more kids in our future. I picture us having a house full of kids and grandkids, and it makes me so happy. There are 5 kids on my side of the family and 5 on Mikes, so shouldn't we have more?! I never knew being a parent was going to be this fulfilling and amazing. I mean there are days where I want to bang my head against a wall, but those days are few and far between. Some people keep trying to have babies until they have at least a boy and one girl, but I have both. If we did have another one, all we would have to have is some diapers...so it would be cheap to have another one. We would not find out what the baby is, and I have already picked out names for a new baby. I am thinking this all means we are not done having kids!

1 comment:

Amanda Brooke Kilgore said...

You sound like me, only you are sound more "sure" of Baby #3. I am not so sure, but I DO want one. I had a big 'ole long post about this exact topic on my blog a while ago. It felt good to get it all off my chest and in writing. I think you are extra lucky since you have one of each. If I kept going for that girl, I'd end up with 23 boys! Maybe that wouldn't be such a bad thing after all though... boys are GREAT!