Thursday, October 8, 2009

Owen is turning two!

My little boy is going to be a two year old on Saturday! It is so bitter sweet when you kids have birthdays, at least for me it is. I am happy that they are having a good birthday and getting presents, but I am sad thinking about the fact that they are growing further away from being a baby. I LOVE the toddler stage so much, and I don't know if I am ready for him to be a boy. Boys are a little stressful to me. They are daredevils, and I don't like that. I do love the bond I have with Owen. He is a momma's boy for sure. He loves to give me kisses and hugs, and I love it when we get to hang out together when it is just the 2 of us. He has a sense of humor that is so amazing. Everything he says is funny. The way he talks is funny. the way he stands is funny. I just can't get enough of him! Both of my kids are so special to me in different ways. I feel so lucky that I get to have them as my kids. Owen loves to fight EVERYONE with his foam sword, and I think it is so funny to watch him do it. He will run up to starngers and yell, "YAAAAAA" and slice them in the leg. Then I have to say sorry, but people love it. The way he dances in the car makes me laugh so hard, it brings tears to my eyes. He loves to sing, dance, and say, "no" or "no way!".
I decided that instead of having a big birthday party for him, we would go away for the weekend to Albuquerque. They are having the Balloon Festival,and the kids will love it. On Saturday we are going to the Zoo...Owen and Scarlett's favorite. Every time we have a birthday party for the kids, they have an AMAZING time, but I don't get to hang out with them as much as I would like to. Owen could care less about a party at 2 years old, so I thought we could have a fun time with just the four of us. We invited our Friends Nathan and Jessica and their two kids, but The Flu moved in to their house earlier in the week, and I don't know if they will make it.:( I will post some pictures when we get back!

3 comments:

Amanda Brooke Kilgore said...

Sounds like a FUN weekend for a sweet boy. Will you take me to the Ballon Festival on my birthday??? I have always wanted to see all of those balloons, and I would LOVE to ride in one...
Can't wait to see your pics.

Amanda Brooke Kilgore said...

On a totally different note = I HAVE to ask... Are your kids going to be "Yo, Gabba Gabba" characters for Halloween?? ha ha They DO make those costumes, ya know? I could just see Owen wearing that odd orange beehive wig on his head.

carrie said...

you mean DJ Lance? haha! I have not seen any costumes, and scarlett want to be alice.so no Gabba gabba this year. But funny thing...I have a yo gabba gabba song in my head today. WIERD!