Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Oh my freaking day!

I have been home for the last few days because Scarlett has been sick. Low fever, coughing, sneezing, etc. I know what you are thinking, Swine Flu, but no such flu is at our house. Thank God! I have a hard time staying at home, because I get stir crazy. I have really loved spending time with my kids, but I am a little bit ready to get back to my shedule and work. side note, Scarlett just walked up to me and said, "your husband just bummped his head." Thanks for letting me know kid. back to the story. I have been taking care of little sicky and Owen, and then last night Mike comes in the house and says, "Salmon has a sore on his neck." So I suggested we give him a bath and put some ointment on it. When Mike brought Salmon in the house I looked down at his neck, and I saw a HUGE hairless spot, and a red puffy rash all across the bottom of his neck. NOT GOOD. I have a sick girl and now we have a sick dog. We took Salmon to the vet today and they ended up keeping him over night. He had a cut on his neck that had become infected and he would not stop scratching it which was making it worse. He is drugged up right now at the vet, and I can't wait for that bill to come. Should be quite exciting.
When Mike got back from the vet, he ate and got ready for school. After he left, I fed the kids and then I noticed that Scarlett's eye was puffy. I decided to give the kids a bath thinking that maybe she touched something that had peanut butter on it. After the bath, her eye started oozing some goo. I gave her some benadryl to get the swelling to go down if it was an allergic reaction. Not only did the benadryl not make the swelling disappear, but it made her go to sleep at 6:15pm. So here I sit, at midnight, with a 4 year old that is no where near ready for sleep. So poop on this day!
The part that just makes this even worse, is that Mike and I are supposed to go to Phoenix this weekend with friends. I am praying that the antibiotics wipe this eye goo out, so that we can still go. My parents are keeping the kids this weekend, but I would feel awful leaving my sick baby.

2 comments:

Amanda Brooke Kilgore said...

Yip - I would say that your day certainly qualifies as yucky. Hang in there... the antibiotics will kick in before you know it, and both the dog and Scarlett will be A-OK so you can enjoy your weekend out of town.

Longdistantgrandparents said...

"your husband just bumped his head".... I actually laughed out load while eating my yummy yogurt- lunch time. That girl... wish i could give her a huge hug right now. Of course, Owen too!