Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Ahhhh! That's better.

We picked up Salmon from the vet's office this morning, and I sure hope he had a swell time, because for the amount of money we sent on his overnight stay, he better have had 5 star service! He was, thankfully, FULL of energy all day today. I would know too, because I was home for the 3rd day in a row. My mom offered to stay with the kids, but I just could not leave Scarlett while she was sick.I was going to sleep in another bed last night, because I thought she had pink eye, but I could not even let her sleep alone.All week long she has wanted me to stay with her and let her cuddle with me. I can't say that has been a bad thing, I lave enjoyed that time with her.I don't realize how independant she really is until we have a situation where all she wants is me. I makes me want to get out all of her baby pictures and imagine how it felt when she was a baby. AHHH, I am getting baby fever!
Today we woke up and Scarletts eyes were not matted shut, so we decided it was not pink eye. She still had a fever though, so I called the doctor to see if she could squeeze us in at some point, and the answer was no! The doctor was too busy to see her, so they called in some eye drops to our pharmacy. Well since we did not need the eye drops, I called later in the day and said, "My daughter still has fever, and I want to make sure she is not getting the swine flu. I thought that that would for sure get their attention, but it did not. I just needed some antibiotics!!!!! So, what did I decide to do?...I decided if the doctors office can't see her, I will take her to the ER, because they have to see us. I mean, come on, if the Doctor is too busy to see patients, HIRE MORE DOCTORS! Right after I had decided this, the doctor's office called back and said that they had calle din a perscription for antibiotics. Phew! I can go on vacation and not have to worry about my kids!

1 comment:

Amanda Brooke Kilgore said...

I'm with you; I can't leave my kids, even if it's with family, when they are sick. I am so glad the doc's office came through!