Tuesday, March 22, 2011

It's been a while.

During the crazy freeze, our pipes froze at our house. We could not go home until they thawed out, so we had to stay at my mom's house for a week. It was -28 degrees here in Ruidoso! Luckily we were in California in the nice sunny weather when it was freezing here.

When we finally got into our home, we had to deal with some busted pipes, (or should I say Mike had to deal with it) and then the sickness came! We went to church one Sunday, and then to birthday party after church. At the Birthday party, a child threw up everywhere. That was our cue to leave. When we got home, I texted the sick kids mom to see how he was doing. She said he was SICK, and that she was sure he got it from a kid that her child had been with the night before, who was throwing up all night. The sick kid who had been throwing up all night was in church the next day, and proceeded to spread his sickness to three other kids.

Owen got sick that following Tuesday night. He was so dehydrated that his eyes were sunken in, and he looked like the walking dead. I called the doctor and she told me to take him to the ER immediatly. I thought that was a little drastic, so I decided to wait one more hour. Finally, after he had been sick for 12 hours (every thrity minutes during that hour) he kept some Gatorade down. He did not eat food for 5 days, I missed three days of work, and then Mike got sick and missed two days of work. All because one mom HAD to bring her sick kid to church. I respect people enough that if my child is acting like they don't feel good, I stay home. I would appreciate that same respect from other people.

No comments: