Monday, January 3, 2011

the biggest tree ever!

This year we decided to cut down our own Christmas tree. We went on a picnic with my parents and then hunted for the perfect tree. I was looking for a Douglas fir, but than I realized that we don't have those here!!!! Just so EVERYONE is clear, the trees that you buy at the "tree farm" do not exist in nature!!! I know, because I look long and hard for one. I saw quite a few in peoples yards, and I must admit, I was tempted to snatch on in the middle of the night, but I did not. I settled on a beautiful pine tree. It was not perfect, but it was pretty close. The experience was amazing! I think we will do it every year. It was like finding a wedding dress, I knew the minute I saw it, it was our tree. I can not say it enough! It was the greatest experience EVER! we had so much fun finding it, and then we watched Mike cut it down and we hauled it to the car. I recommend it to every family!




No comments: