Thursday, March 24, 2011

Mixed emotions

After debating for a while about homeschooling, we have decided that public school will be best for Scarlett. She is way too social to be at home everyday. She loves to be around other kids. We asked her if she wanted to go to school, and her face lit up with excitement.

Next week, we are taking her to the kindergarten to look around and meet some teachers. We are lucky enough to live in a town where we can request teachers for our kids. We are able to request teachers that we know and respect, and who we think will be best suited for Scarlett's needs.

So, this August, our baby will be going to school. I am so sad that she is old enough for school, but happy at how excited she is to go. With Scarlett, I can promise that it will be much harder for me to let go than it will be for her. I am already preparing myself for this transition in our lives.

No comments: