Wednesday, March 10, 2010

my list



I am not a huge MTV watcher, but this show is great! It is about four guys who made a list of things they want to do before they die. They bought a bus and travel around the country doing things on the list, and in the course of checking things off their list, they ask people what they want to do before they die, and then help one person achieve that. I am also NOT a crier, but I have been in tears every show. What an awesome idea! This show has made me reevaluate some things in my life. Our lives are so short, and the important things in life are not how much we have, it is the people we share our lives with. SO I thought I would make a list of 10 things I want to do before I die.

1. I want to go to New York and Washington DC.
2. I want to make lots of money, and then I want to use it to open some sort of foster home.
3.I want to buy an RV and travel with Mike and the kids for 1 entire summer.
4.I want to mentor young girls.
5.I want to watch my kids grow up, get married and have kids of their own.
6.I want to go to Europe with Mike and the kids, and I want to make enough money to pay for it.
7. I want to pay for Mikes parents and my parents to go on a great vacation some day.
8. I want to trace my family history as far back as I can.
9. I want to trace Mikes family history as far back as I can.
10. I want to have one more baby, and not find out what the sex is, so I can experience that ultimate surprise. (not the only reason I want another baby)

I feel so lucky to have my kids and Mike, because I have already done so much with my life. I have been able to experience motherhood, which is so amazing I can't put it into words. And now I can accomplish everything on this list and include my family.

1 comment:

molly june. said...

i LOVE that show too. love love LOVE. isn't it the greatest?? i'm with you on the rv for a summer & the europe trip with the kids. maybe we can cut the cost by just getting a double decker bus? ;)