Thursday, February 4, 2010

the haps

I don't want to complain too much about the snow, but seriously! I don't ever remember it snowing this much! I have not seen my driveway since the 1st of december. The good side of that is that there has been a nice thick layer of snow covering up my messy yard thanks to Salmon. The bad side of That, is the brown and yellow pacthes of snow really stand out, thanks to Salmon.

LAst night we switched out Owens crib into a toddler bed. It was hard for me to do it, but it was time. He LOVED it! I overheard Scarlett tell him, "Owen, now you can get out of your bed at night and sneak into mom and dad's bed!". What a lovely child! He did fall out once last night, but he went right back to sleep when we put him back in his bed.

We have also attempted to break him of his love for a binky. It seems to be much harder for him than Scarlett. When we did this with Scarlett we told her to throw them away because she was big enough to not need them anymore, and she did it! I mean, we would find her hiding in corners, or under beds "sneaking a suck". That is what we called it. We would say, "Scarlett, what are you doing"? She would say in a whiney voice, "Awww, I just wanted a taste". HILARIOUS! Owen knows he can only have his "binks" if he is in bed, so now he wants to go to bed all of the time! It is woking out great.

No comments: