Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Ash Wednesday

Today I drove to Las Cruces for life insurance classes. It was a class with a bunch of people from State Farm offices all around New Mexico.I sat down in the front row with my friend Bo who went to the class with me. Soon more people started to take their seats, and as I looked around the room, one guy stuck out across the room. He had a HUGE black blotch on his forehead. This is how my sheltered mind processed it...

"oh my gosh, that guy has an awful birthmark!", "And it looks like it is hairy!", No wait, it is marker! I bet he went out last night and got really wasted, and his friends drew on him with marker, and he has not looked in the mirror today!" "I bet the teacher will let him know."

An hour later..."STILL no one has said anything to him!" "Oh great now we are starting to pair off into groups, I bet I get to partner up with marker boy" "Perfect, I DO get to pair up with him!", "should I say something?, If I don't and he goes to the bathroom at break, he will think I am a weirdo that did not say anything to him!" As I am about to walk over to him, I lean over to Bo and say, "Am I the only person that sees that this guy CLEARLY has marker on his head?" Bo's response..."Its Ash Wednesday!"

5 comments:

Alison said...

hahahahaha i did the same thing once in highschool with a kid in my class. luckily, i didn't say anything, but i kept wonering why in the world his forehead was so dirty!

carrie said...

Thanks Alison! I am glad I am not the only one.

molly june. said...

omgggg!! i had no clue this is what you do on ash wed!! seriously, sheltered much?? we were at disneyland yesterday & i kept seeing all these people with greyish birthmarks on their foreheads! DUH!!! i felt bad for them too, thinking, geesh, there sure are a lot of forehead birthmarked people here today!! ahhHAHAHAAAA!!! i'm a dumdum :) thanks for clearing that up for me. i'm still learning at 28 :) YES!

carrie said...

Oh thank goodness I am not the only 28 year old that did not know this!

Amanda Brooke Kilgore said...

Kerry made a fool of himself at work on Ash Wednesday, too. He thought he was saving a partner's day by telling her she had a black mark on her forehaed...