Friday, February 19, 2010

Please read!!!

The last post made me think a lot today, and the phone calls, texts and comments I got made me think even more. I act like the peanut allergy is not a big deal, but inside I am sad and pissed off that my child has to deal with it. It is the scariest allergy people can have, and most fatal. I am crying just typing this. My four year old is terrified to eat anything. She is constantly asking people if something has nuts in it, and telling people that she can not have anything with nuts. I AM mad that she has to worry like this. I am overwhelmed with fear sometimes. It is an awful feeling to hear your baby cry because their lips are swelling and their throat is itching, and they don't know what is happening. You just want the best most normal life for your kids and when it is out of your control, it is a little hard to deal with. I guess I am saying all of this for two reasons. 1. It is easier to type this than say it out loud, and 2.People need to be more aware. I know before this happened, I was not aware of how bad it really is. I can't tell you how many times we go somewhere to eat, or get ice cream, and I have to ask people to use new spoons, and make sure NOTHING has touched nuts. Usually they say okay, but shrug it off like it is no big deal. It is a big deal! Also, a lot of times people make peanut butter snacks and bring them to daycares or schools. since 1997 nut allergies have almost tripled in children. Next time you moms are making a snack for a group of children, try something without peanut butter. Thanks for reading my venting!

No comments: