Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Christmas with no pictures!

I have really failed on posting pictures. I AM AWARE! soon I will be posting more pictures, but I am working on a new blog, and I just have not been really motivated on this one. It will soon be up and running.

We left the wednesday before christmas for California. We were only going to be there for 3 days, and then Mike was told he wasn't going to have work for the last week in December. I was totally bummed out about it, because not having work would have kicked our butts financially. Fred (mike's dad) told mike that he could work with him for a week, and we could not pass it up. We got to stay for an extra week, and it also meant that I got to stay home with my kids, and not worry about not making money! It was such a blessing! I loved hanging out with the kids, and having lots of good conversation with Barbara. It was the best trip to California yet. The kids did not want to come home, and I have to admit that I was a little sad to leave too. But I had to face reality and come home. :(

On Christams eve Christy drove down from huntington. I have to say, I have so much fun with my sister in law, it really bums me out that we live so far from eachother! She is so encouraging, and makes me laugh sooooo hard! Anyone that can make me laugh so hard, that my head hurts, it a great person in my eyes. When she got there Fred wanted to take us to this house in Murrieta that had the most insane amount of Christmas lights on it. It is funny, because I did not take one picture of it! We got video of it, so I am okay with that. The kids loved the house. The lights blinked with music, and there were tons of people watching it. The owners of the house let people walk inside there home to see a giat train set and then to the backyard for more lights. It was such a cool thing to do on Christmas eve! Both kids fell asleep on the way home, so we did not set out milk and cookies for santa, but they did not seem to care. Oh and the kids went to the house in their matching PJ's and no shoes. I happened to look around at all of the people who were nicely dressed, and I thought I hope I am not the only mom to let my kids be here in PJ's. It was 7:30 when wew went, and my kids had already had baths, and they go to bed at 8 (and since we were there at 7:30 it was 8:30 our time). When we were watching the light show, it suddenly got silent, and Scarlett (who was being held by auntie Christy) said, "are you my daddy's sister?" and everyone in the audience said "awwwww!". it was too cute.

We had an awesome Christmas day, and went back to see the light show again on Christmas night. We ate turkey for days, and got to go shopping. Mike and I even got to go on a date. We went to in and out and then to see Avatar in 3D. That movie is not my type of movie, so I was a little hesitant to see it, but I am so glad I did, because it was the best movie experience of my life! I got to talk to Jenny Murphy on the phone, and it was so good to hear her voice, it had been way to long! I got so see Amanda and Audrey for lunch one day. On New years day, Mike's sister Stephanie, and her family came to spend the day with us, and it was sooo much fun! My kids are in heaven when they are around. It makes me sad that my kids are not around them more often. We got to go to San Diego one day to hang out with Uncle Paul and Kelsey. Again, I wish we lived closer to them too! Mike got to hang out with his friend Nate on New Year's eve. It was such a great trip, I can't wait to go back.

No comments: