Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Oh my Scarlett!

Last night Mike sarted a new job. He can not find an electrical job right now, so he is working two jobs. I am proud that I am married to a man that will to whatever it takes to make sure his family is taken care of financially. I know soooooo many people that are having a hard time finding a job right now, and we feel very lucky to have work, no matter what it is. Anyway, last night was the first night, and I made dinner, played two games with the kids, watched incredibles, and I planned to read them books too. Sometimes I will give them the option to watch a show for 30 minutes, or read books. Most of the time we just read books, but when I am really tired, I give them and option. So last night, I said, "lets brush teeth, and then read books." Scarlett immediatly ran away from me and hid under a table. Then, of course, Owen ran frantically after her, trying to get to her before I got to her, so he could hide too. I said, "Get up and get in the bathroom NOW!" Owen stared whining about it, and then Scarlett did too. I said, "Scarlett you can go second, but go pee while I brush Owen's teeth." She says, "I don't want to!" I said, "you have to pee before you go to bed, so try." Then she says, in a tone overflowing with attitude, "I DON"T WANT TO!" So I spanked her for giving me attitude. Then she says, "When you spank me it makes me so mad, and now I am not going to pee because you did that!" I had to spank her again! She says, "MOM, when parents spank their children, it does not make them want to do anything!" After I left the room to give her some time, we sat on the couch and had a long conversation about how to take to parents. In the middle of our discussion, I realized that I am able to talk to my 4 year old like an adult, and she gets it. I gave her a long explanation on why it is not okay to have attitude, and I know she understood it all. I need strength and patience when trying to raise this amazing child of mine!

1 comment:

Amanda Brooke Kilgore said...

Everything gets better with age. Thank the LORD!