Monday, July 6, 2009

Fourth of July...

Was GREAT! The only downside to my fourth of July is that, as usual, Mike has to work. I took naps with the kids, my Dad and Step-mom came to see us, we went to a parade, saw fireworks twice, and went to a rodeo. (My first rodeo, and not my last) The rodeo was actually really fun. Mike and Owen had to leave early, but Scarlett and I had so much fun! Owen can never stay out late, because he is determined to be in his bed by eight, no matter what we are doing. Owen got his first look at fireworks and he was in AWE! He loved the fireforks. My parents, Mike, the kids, me, and some other friends and family, went to the top of this mountian here, and watched the fireworks. There were a lot of people up on this mountain, and our group was the loudest, because we all were laughing at what Owen kept saying. He would stop his feet and say, "OH GOSH!" and "OH DUDE!" and he was screaming. It was so funny. It was such a fun weekend with family and friends, probably my best 4th of July yet. It is sooooo awesome when your kids start getting old enough to enjoy things with you. I have tons of pictures and I promise I will post them soon.

Oh, at the parade, I stupidly decided to take Salmon. I will say, it is physically impossible to take two small children and a dog to a parade, and watch all three correctly. I was trying to hold on to Salmon's leash and keep my kids from running out into the traffic. Then I finally my Dad tied Salmon's leash to the bumper of a truck we were sitting on. There were 5 really cute kids sitting with us, and people kept stopping to comment on how cute Salmon was. WHAT! This is not something that makes mother's happy...FYI. Then some lady walks over to us with a bottle of water and says, "when was the last time you gave the puppy water? He looks thirsty!" Then she bent down and tried to make Salmon drink out of her hand, but he would not do it. He started licking it up off the ground. Then she says, "hummm, that is wierd, he won't drink it out of my hand, he wants it off the ground." She procededs to pour the water on the ground creating a large muddy puddle. The whole time I am thinking, "Duh lady, he is not thirsty, I gave him water before I left, and I have to pay attention to my kids!" Then Salmon decides it would great fun to roll around in the mud! So I would like to thank that lady for not using her brain, and getting mud on my dog.

Also at the parade, Scarlett took her easter basket to put candy in it. She was prepared, let me tell you. She set the basket by the door the night before, because she did not want to forget it. At the parade, she got a ton of candy! When Owen would get a piece of candy, he would just throw it back to the people in the parade. On our way home I took Scarlett's basket away from her because she did not need any more candy. She threw a fit, so I took her canday away for the rest of the day, and told her that if she kept whining about it, I would trow the rest of the candy in the trash.(Some might think this is harsh, but trust me, it is necessary sometimes) Later that afternoon, she came into my room and said(in these words exactly) "Mom lets just say that tomorrow maybe I wanted a piece of candy. Not today, but tomorrow, where would I find the candy basket?" I said "Nice try little lady, but I am not going to tell you where the candy is." This lead to another melt down, and candy was thrown away. Poor Scarlett!

1 comment:

Alison said...

nice job on being consistent with the candy and following through...that is hard to do a lot of times! sounds like you are such a great mommy! people are crazy about dogs...she should have paid for a bath :)