Thursday, July 9, 2009

oh and...

Speaking of the school thing, I am pretty sure Scarlett will be just fine. We ordered a butterfly habitat online a few weeks ago and we got some live larvae, and we have been watching the metomorphosis process. Let me back up...on miss Spiders Sunny Patch Friends, the bug kids found a caterpillar. The caterpillar kept growing and eventually turned into a butterfly. This has sparked a few conversations about how caterpillars turn into butterfly's. So I just thought, what better way to show them, than by getting the catterpillar's themselves. Okay, this morning, the caterpillars were starting to "pupate"...(I think), so I said to Scarlett, "Look Scarlett! They are starting to build their cacoons!" She looked at me and said, "thats nice mom but it is called a chrysalis." Once again thank you to my daughter for knowing more than I do. And thank you miss spider for tryiong to make parents look like uneducated fools.:)

2 comments:

Amanda Brooke Kilgore said...

Hey, I'm trying to decide if I have the guts to load up the boys and go with my mom and sis to Ruidoso. I would LOVE to go, and I really think the boys would have a BLAST, but that drive - OOOOHHHHHHH that DRIVE!

Amanda Brooke Kilgore said...

You're going to be driving by yourself with the kids to visit your dad? Dang, woman! Now the pressure is really on for me to come Ruidoso. If I don't, I'll be the biggest weenie ever!