Friday, July 17, 2009

Some new venting for you!

Last time I vented on here, I got such a good response, I thought I would try it again. We have owned River's Edge(our sandwich shop) for the past 4 1/2 years. Mike works seven days a week in the summer, and gets Wednesdays off during the rest of the year. I get weekends off with my job, so that leaves a total of 0 days Mike and I have off at the same time. We have Thanksgiving day and Christmas day off together, and those are the only two days out of the year we have off together. If we want a day off together, we have to go on vacation (wich MIGHT happen once a year) or I have to take off work on a Wednesday. Our kids literally do not know what it is like to have weekends with both of their parents. I know that this is not incredibly abnormal, but I am sick of it. I am so sick of it, I have thought about just shutting the doors to the restaurant, and taking a loss. I would sell everything we own just to have 1 day out of the week where we can hang out as a family. Running your own business is not for everyone, and it is really not for us anymore. So we are trying to sell the restaurant! We are choosing our family's happiness over ANYTHING else, and it feels good. I know God will provide a way out for us, and that feels even better! This weight that has been on my shoulders for the past 4 years is going to be lifted off, and I can not wait! I am ready to laugh with my husband again and not talk about how much we made in a day, what bills need to be paid, what food needs to be ordered, who will be working, who called in sick, the list is never ending. The only thing about River's edge I am not sick of, surprisngly, is the food. Happy days, HERE WE COME!!!!

1 comment:

molly june. said...

yay for venting! feels good, eh? we never have our wkends together either because tim's at the fire station every. single. wkend..so i definitely feel your pain :) it's good to make those hard decisions when it comes to your family though..& family should always win! God will definitely provide! He is always faithful!! i'll be praying for you guys!