Tuesday, June 16, 2009

California!






California was the greatest trip ever. We had such a good time as a family! The kids were great, the weather was not hot, and we had plenty of time with Mike's family. I am so thankful that we were able to get away together. We went to the Zoo in San Diego, the Aquarium, the beach, and most importantly had a ton of fun with a ton of cousins! My kids were EXHAUSTED by the end of the week! I know I said we were going to bring home two dogs, but my mother in law was having a hard time letting Katie go, and I did not blame her. We had decided not to take Katie home with us, and then Scarlett was hugging her and Katie snapped at Scarlett and it completely confirmed our decsion to not take her! In Katie's defense, she had just had puppies, and Scarlett was too rough with her. I might have snapped too if I saw a three year old coming at me, screaming my name, with arms wide open ready to attack. We did bring Salmon home with us, and my kids are the happest kids in the world right now. There were three puppies in the yard playing one day and Scarlett said, "Mom, I am going to yell Salmon, and the puppy that runs to me will be our puppy." So she did that and a puppy ran over to us, and the rest is history. He is actually the perfect little puppy so far. He does not whine at night, he lets the kids carry him and play with him, therefore he is perfect. He is so loving too. There are some downsides, he likes to poop A LOT! Scarlett already stepped in it, and we have only had him for two days. We are glad to have Salmon and we are so thankdul to Mike's Mom and Dad for giving us a puppy. I have a ton of pictures, and will post them soon.

3 comments:

Amanda Brooke Kilgore said...

Well, I am totally impressed with Scarlett's plan of action for determining which dog would be best for the fam. That girl always cracks me up!

Longdistantgrandparents said...

We loved having "the other remunds" come for a visit. I'm glad to hear salmon is doing good and the kids love him. Fred and I had such a good time with you all. I hope some of the pics we took will work out for a "family" photo. Too bad Owee was not too happy, but in his defense, I don't think he had stopped moving since you got here and the little guy was exhausted! love you all,
Momma Remund

Longdistantgrandparents said...
This comment has been removed by the author.