Monday, June 1, 2009

Salmon and Katie!



We are going to California this week to FINALLY visit Mike's family, and take a much needed vacation! We can't wait to see everyone! I have not been out there in 2 years. The last time I was there, I was pregnant with Owen, and it was waaaay to hot for me to be there. We will be in Murrieta for a few days and then we get to go to San Diego for a little family vacation at a timeshare in downtown San Diego. Mikes brother, Paul, lives in San Diego, so we get to spend some time with him too. I can't wait for my kids to be able to hang out with thier cousins. That is the biggest downside to living in New Mexico. Being away from family is the pits! But we are very excited to go and we plan on makeing the most out of our time there. We will alos be picking up two new additions to our family. That's right, I the anti-animal girl, is getting two dogs. Then we are driving back to New Mexico with the two dogs, in a minivan, with two kids. I am actually so excited to get dogs, and those are words that have never come out of my mouth. I think I am a little more excited about Katie (the already trained adult dog). I can take her on walks with me and I don't have to train her. I think she might become my best friend. Now Salmon, that's right SALMON, is another story. I am a little nervous about a puppy, but I am so excited for my kids to have a dog they can grow up with! I am fully aware of the peeing and pooping on the carpet that will go on, I know that salmon will get into lots of things, but I have had two kids, and they do the same thing. Mike has been working hard on building a fence, so the dogs have plenty of room to run, plus we have plenty of places to take the dogs so that they can run free and chase balls. We told Scarlett that when we bought a new house, we could get a dog, and we also told her she could name it. For whatever reason she wanted to name him Salmon. I agreed to this, and am hoping we can shorten it to Sam. She told me last week that she wanted to name the dogs Humper and Dumper, and I said too bad! Katie is already named, so we can not go with Humper and Dumper. (not to mention, I am not yelling HUMPER and DUMPER!)Look, Salmon was the best of all the names, so we have to make this sacrafice. Sam is a name I can live with. The above picture is one of the puppies, and I don't know which one we are getting at this point, but that is what Sam looks like. I have always hated hearing about how people compare their dogs to kids, and blog about their dogs, but now I am doing it. What a hypocrite I am. Wish us luck, it will be the longest drive of my life...I have a feeling.

2 comments:

Alison said...

i hope you have a great time out here...I can't believe its been two years already since you've visited! Don't worry you don't sound like those crazy animal lovers who treat dogs like humans...not yet anyways :)! Hope you have a safe and fun drive!

Amanda Brooke Kilgore said...

First off, kuddos to you for making this long trek with kids. OMG - if you can come back w/o being an alcholic (sp), I'll send a high five your way. Secondly, I would LOVE to hear you yell HUMPER and DUMPER! I think those names rock! Thirdly, I am so excited for your two new family members. Dogs are a true blessing. The Lord knew what He was doing when He made Man's Best Friend. Have a great time on your trip, and take lots of pics!