Thursday, August 12, 2010

The Haps...

The last 2 weeks have been a little on the crazy side. Last week we FINALLY got taxes done! The last time we will ever have to do taxes for River's Edge. Yippee!! WE sold our trailblazer and bought a cute little red car that Owen calls Mcqueen. He wants us to put lucky "tickers" (stickers) on the side of it.

In other big news, I have switched my degree plan once again. I have working on a degree in business. I have never wanted a business degree, but I thought I needed it because it could get me pretty much any job I wanted in the business field. I have always wanted to get a degree in psychology, but decided not to pursue it because in order to make any money doing it I would have to go to school for 8 years. A few weeks ago I got a call from the manager of State Farm in Southern New Mexico and he said that it did not matter what degree I got. I could do my job with any degree. So I now get to change my degree plan to what I have always wanted it to be. This semester I am taking Human growth and development, child psychology, and adolescent psychology. I am so excited I can't stand it.

Last but not least, I went to the doc and had my IUD removed. I have had acne like a highschool kid who does not wash her face. It has been awful. I do reccomend IUD's and I have to say that was the only downfall for me. I have to have a birth control that is projesterone only, due to the breast cancer risk in my family. It has been great for the past 3 years, but now I am ready for different possicilities.

2 comments:

Alison said...

yeah for doing what you really want too!!!

also...maybe another baby???

carrie said...

maybe...we will just have to see.