Thursday, August 12, 2010

Top ten quotes of the week...

1. "Owen is just a pesty pest pest!"
2. While watching a guy on tv get hit in the balls, Owen yelled, "AHHH right in the tenders!"
3. Scrletts response to the above comment, "don't worry mom, he got that from Kung Fu Panda." Yes, that makes it much better.
4. During a church thing the other night, Mike played the guitar and after every song, Owen yelled, "Good job Dad"
5. "Mom, I love Justin Beaver, and I don't care if he is already married, I am going to marry him" She is just a little confused on how things work. We ARE going to teach her that being a home wrecker is not a wise path in life.
6. Scarlett asks me and my sister in law why I did not marry my brother. We tried to explain to her that brothers and sisters do not marry each other. Her response, "Well I might marry Owen one day because I love him." our response, "no, you will not want to marry Owen." In her most devious voice she says, "we will just see about that." She is still trying to figure out different kinds of love.
7. At church they showed a clip of the lion the witch and the wardrobe. Owen was sitting in my lap with a cup of ice water. In one scene edmond steps over a sleeping wolf, and the wolf growls and jumps up. Owen has seen this movie many times, but for some reason it scared him and he jumped and the ice cold water flew out of the cup and landed all over my head. Everyone around me thought it was hilarious!
8. After a worship service I listened to both kids sing revelations song word for word, "Holy, Holy, Holy
Is the Lord God Almighty
Who was, and is, and is to come, yeah
With all creation I sing:
Praise to the King of Kings!
You are my everything,
And – I - will - adore You!
Yeah!" One of the great moments as a parent.
9. me: "Owen, sing me a song" Owen:"Mom, I can't, I am only 2"
10. Scarlett: "going to the pool makes me so dang happy!"

3 comments:

jmosizzle said...

i LOVE these carrie! i bet you laugh and want to pull your hair out at the same time all the time.. haha..i cant wait to meet my lil son!

carrie said...

I can't wait for you to meet your little man too! Being a mom is the best thing in the world! The times I laugh, outways all of the moments I want to pull my hair out.

Ali Winter said...

so so cute!!!