Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Scarlett Scarlett Scarlett!

She cut her hair! I know that at some point most kids cut their own hair, or their siblings hair. I wish Scarlett had cut Owen's hair, but no...she cut a huge chunk out of the side of her head right behind her ear. No more pony tails, no more pig tails, no more braids. Just hair down in the eyes! When I asked her why she did it she said, "Mom, I just wanted a new style." What!? Who says that?! I said the next time you want a "new style" come talk to me and we can make it happen together.

Also, Scarlett is really in to art projects like drawing and painting. Our carpet has been painted, and a bed too, oh and some clothes! I do not want her to stop drawing and painting, so I had to get creative. She really loves to draw on herself too. Some people would frown on this, but I am supposed to choose my battles right? Well coloring on yourself is not a battle I choose to fight, especially if it saves my carpet and walls. My new rule is you can only color on yourself and paper.

5 comments:

Alison said...

i cut my hair when i was little too...i think a lot of kids do it at some point :) i like your color rule too!

Amanda Brooke Kilgore said...

Ah, yes. The hair cutting thing. Grant cut Rhett's hair... Jessica cut her own hair... seems like every household has to go through it. I can say with pride, however, that I did NOT EVER cut my own hair. Then again, I think through things before I do them. I would've been so sad if I could not have worn braids or big bows due to a self hair cut.

carrie said...

Well Scarlett was devastated! she was crying and so sad that she messed it up.

molly june. said...

bahahaaaa!! sorry for laughing, but come on!! that's hilarious! :D i think i'm in love with your daughter. just sayin.

carrie said...

Thanks. She is great.She makes my life very interesting!