Thursday, August 13, 2009

SAMPSON!!!!!

The other night a friend and I were talking. Somehow we started talking about salmon and My friend said, "Scarlett, how did you come up with that name?" (funny, I was sure I had asked her that question before, but apparently, because of her answer, I have not EVER asked that question!) Scarlett said, "I thought of that name because of Salmon in the bible." I started to think about it and this is what began to happen in my brain:
1."Well, because there were a lot of fishermen in the bible, I guess the word salmon might have been mentioned."
2."Where in her children's bible does it mention salmon?"
3."Maybe in her sunday school class they said the fisermen caught salmon."
4." hmmmmm...I am so confused!"
5. "OH MY GOSH! SAMPSON!"

I said, "Scarlett, did you mean Sampson?" She said, "Oh yeah, Sampson!" I said, "Sampson like the strong man who got his hair cut of and lost all of his strength...that "salmon"? She said yes! So we named our dog Salmon when it should have been Sampson! We can not change it now, he is used to it! But needless to say, I have learned my lesson!

1 comment:

Amanda Brooke Kilgore said...

So I WAS right all along by calling him Sampson! Hmmmm - well, pin a rose on my nose!