Thursday, June 10, 2010

Stuff?!?!?

Why do people measure their worth by the "things" they have? Some days I want to sell everything, rent an apartment, and be free of all the "stuff". Where we live, people like their stuff a lot. I don't like to be told I need "this", or I need "that". I have everything I need. I actually have WAY more than I need. And conversations like that just irritate me. We all have way more that we need. This country suffered last year and is still suffering because people "needed" the best and most expensive. More depression, more anger, more devastation, and of course, more stuff. I think the key to happiness is to get rid of ALL stuff and focus on the people in your life. A Simple life is a happy life.
I can't wait to live in a city where I can walk or ride a bike to a grocery store. Where I can home school my kids if I want to, go out in public with no make up on, we can drive one car, and have fifty kids if we want to, and if the people I am around don't like it, I can find a new group of friends. I am feeling so trapped right now. haha can you tell? Anyone want to buy a house? I think I am going to put ours on the market SOON.

No comments: