Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Ringworm?

Last night when I picked up Scarlett and Owen from my MeMaws house, I noticed a perfectly round, red circle on Owen's head.I asked what happened, and Scarlett said he hit his head on the table. I examined the table, and there was nothing round about it. I said, "Scarlett, if he hit his head on the table, he would have a red line, not a red circle." I would normally not be worried about a mark on Owen (he gets bumps and bruises every day), but this one looked a lot like it could be ringworm. I asked Owen what happened, and he said a bee "bite" him, and then he said a baby bit him, so I knew I could not get a good answer from him. I went home, and googled a few pictures of ringworm, and his mark looked identical to ringworm. I decided to see what it looked like in the morning to decide if I needed to get some ointment for him. this morning it still looked like ringworm. I decided to ask one more time before I called the doctor. I said, "Owen, what happened to your head?" he said, "Scary ghost did it". Still, no help from Owen. I said, "Scarlett, If you know what happened to Owen, you need to tell me, because I am thinking about taking him to the doctor." She looked at me for a minute...(I knew the answer was about to come out) she said, "well, I do know waht happened" "I hit him in the head with a marker, because he was not sharing" So It is marker, not ringworm! thank goodness.

1 comment:

Amanda Brooke Kilgore said...

HOW FUNNY! Memaw told me this story. Glad you finally found out it was a marker lid.