Thursday, April 30, 2009

My Perfect Angel!

Many people, mostly those who knew me when I was growing up, tell me I am getting off way too easy with Scarlett.They say she is so sweet and polite and she listens so well. What an easy child, what a blessing they say. Well while she is a blessing, and she is my perfect angel of a child, let me fill you people in on how things really are! You have no idea how dramatic she can be! This is a child who, at times, makes me think, "How in the heck can a three year old know more than me?"! Let me tell you a few stories so that there will be no confusion as to me having it easy.

I was watching American Idol in my room the other night and Adam Lambert was singing. Scarlett walks in and says, "Oh Adam Lambert! I love him! This song is so Bluesy. I will go tell dad, he loves bluesy music."

When she was 18months old she stacked a bunch of bottle nipples to where they were curving over making a sort of arch. Scarlett says"Look mom, I built a cantaliever"

At two years old she would tell me "I don't need to go to bed right now, I am a teenager" or "Sitting in time out is not my job!"

My mom told her that she needed to be careful not to spill her juice, and Scarlett said "Oh Mommo, don't worry, there is this stuff called Oxyclean that will get stains out of everything!"

I told her not to talk back to her dad or she would sit in time out, and she said "Mom, I don't think I can handle that."

One time she ran away from home, and when the police found her they asked her what her name was and she said "Scarlett S C A R L E T T" She was two at the time.

When Owen was born she would tell us to throw him in the trash, or make him stop crying, it is annoying.

I catch her talking to herself in her soom, saying think like "Son of a Jackel", "dang it", or while talking to her dolls she tells them "don't say you can do something!"

If I tell her to do something she says, "I don't think I should go to bed, because I will miss you too much while I am sleeping, so maybe I should just stay in here with you so you won't get lonely."

She says "I need to do some chores to earn some money because I want a new toy."

The list can go on for days, but I will stop there. I just want everyone to know what I hear daily. Sure she might be so polite and sweet, so yes maybe I am not getting what I deserve, but my parents NEVER had to look up the meaning of words I said in the dictionary. I can promise you that. I just threw fits and acted like a normal three year old. I did not try to reason with my parents at the age of three, the way Scarlett does. She uses her charm to get what she wants from people. I did not care about earning money at her age, I just asked my parents for toys. She is such a blessing to us, and I am so thankful she is smart and beautiful! I am just saying having a kid who makes you question your own intelligence is a little scary at times.

1 comment:

Amanda Brooke Kilgore said...

I forgot how she said calls your mom "Mommo." Toooooo cute. And yes, I still think you are getting off waaaaaaaaay too easy. You were such a toot of a child (no offense - this also made you really fun to be with though, so maybe that will make you feel better). Looks like Scarlett has taken after Daddy. But who will Owen take after???...