Monday, April 20, 2009

My confessions...

I watched Oprah the other day and the topic was about confessions of motherhood. Then I read a friends blog and she posted her confessions, and it was so helpful, I thought I would post mine. On the outside, I might look like a decent mom, but what goes on behind closed doors might shock you. For those of you who know me, I thrive on shock value, so here it goes.

*My husband wakes up with the kids in the morning, and I lay in bed for 30 minutes and enjoy the peace and quiet before I get up. I keep my eyes closed.

*There have been times where I knew Mike was almost home so I did not change the poopy diaper, so that he could. ( I hate changing pooy diapers!)

*Sometimes on saturdays I like to put Owen down for his nap and put on a movie for Scarlett. Then I take a little nap while "watching" the movie with her.

* I write letters upon letters to my kids, for them to read when they are older.
I usually write them during boring college classes. The teachers think I am working really hard on something!

*Owens nose runs constantly. Sometimes I choose not to wipe his nose because I don't want to stop what I am doing, or I will just grab the closest thing to me and use that to wipe his nose.

*I like to let the kids make huge messes with paint or food...outside of course!

* There have been times when I say I need to do schoolwork and need someone to watch the kids, and then I just rest.

* I like to go out with my girlfriends sometimes and we drink lots of wine.

*I never let my kids cry something out. I allways run to them, pick them up and hold them until they stop crying. And I love every second of it.

* I held Scarlett during every single nap she took for the first year and a half of her life.

* Scarlett still likes to sneak into our bed at night and we don't care.

Those are my confessions. I think that being a mom is the greatest job you will ever have. I also think that all of the "experts" are not so smart, and I am a firm believer that every child is different. If you just get to know your child and parent based on their needs you will be great at parenting!

3 comments:

molly june. said...

awesome! i love it :) you're a great mommy! i have done all of those things too (except the holding scarlett during a nap thing..i just put them in there & run!! ha) xo

Amanda Brooke Kilgore said...

I gotta say, your confessions certainly make me feel better, as I have my own confessions to make. It's nice to know you're not the only one... I enjoyed your list. And how absolutely precious it is that you write letters to your kiddos (even if it is in the middle of class). My dad wrote me letters and left them on my pillow while I was growing up. I've kept every one of them. Now he has started writing them to Grant and Rhett, and I am keeping them as well for the boys to read someday. The letters always meant so much, and they always inlcuded such perfectly written life lessons and adivce. I think I'll start writing letters to my boys. Thanks for lighting the fire under me.

Alison said...

good confessions...i think all moms can relate to each other by doing this and not feel so alone or evil! I too like to nap while I'm suppose to be doing homework or blog, anything to keep from actually doing homework!
love ya girl...glad you and the fam are well! Willy and I still can't believe a bean sprouted in that kid's nose!