Saturday, May 9, 2009

Owen is a murderer!


Yesterday I went to pick my kids up from my mom's house. Wait let me back up...Last summer we were given three turtles to raise as pets. I thought it was great because they hibernate for at least 6 months, so low maintenance! Well when I drove up to get the kids yesterday, the kids were playing outside. Scarlett was running around naked as usual, and Owen was begging to play with the turtles. I told Scarlett to go put some clothes on, and I took Owen to play with the turtles. I set him in the area where the turtles live (my moms garden) and then I got a text. I reached for my phone and proceeded to read the text, and as I looked up from my phone, I saw Diego (the medium sized turtle) bouncing off the ground. Before I could stop him, Owen picked him up again, and threw him like a bouncing ball off the ground again. I believe Diego suffered severe brain damage, because my mom found him dead in the grass today. Tomorrow is his funeral! Needless to say, Owen is now banned from having contact with the turtles! This is our second pet death in 2 months. First was Dora our fish, and I have a feeling Owen had something to do with that too. I caught him holding Dora one day. WE are getting two dogs soon, and I am praying that Owen can be good around the dogs!

2 comments:

Alison said...

boys, boys boys...my boys hold puppies much different than girls too...be careful :)

Amanda Brooke Kilgore said...

Ya, Rhett totally picked up one of Grant's new gerbils and literally threw it across the room. It died... Little boys and "gentleness" do not go hand-in-hand.