Thursday, November 13, 2008

Owen is 1!

Owen turned 1 in October! it has taken me a while to post the pictures, sorry. i have been so busy. also it was not an easy birthday for me. i was sad because he was turning 1. his first year of life was difficult for me but i think i have worked through it and am now able to accept that is is healthy and normal. I had a very hard time believeing that he wa okay early on because when i was pregnant i was in a car accident and it caused me to have PTSD. i was so worried that the accident had caused some kind of major damage to him, and then i ended up having him a month early. I am happy to say it has been a 8 months since i had a panic attack, and i feel like i am happy again. I can enjoy owen and not worry about him so much. i cant begin to tell you haow good it is to play with your child and not worry if the way he moves his arm is normal, or the way he moves his head is normal, or was that sound he made normal and so on. i wanted him to have the most perfect birthday and i feel like HE had a great time. he got lots of presents, and he had his own cake which he destroyed! he had a great 1st birthday. i feel so blessed to have owen and i am so incredibly thankful that God protected him. He is the most amazing easy going baby. he is always happy and has the most insanly gorgeous eyes. we are so lucky to have him.












1 comment:

Amanda Brooke Kilgore said...

Hey! Rhett has that same "1st Birthday" onsie from Gymboree, and yip - he wore it on his first birthday. I can't believe Owen is one!! He looks just like Scarlet. I think Rhett and Owen would have a GREAT time together. I am so glad he is an easy baby. Beware: Rhett was easy going until two weeks ago. He's turned into quite a toot. Of course, to could be because he has five teeth coming in... And how much do I LOVE Scarlet's PINK GUN!!??!!!! I want one!!! Do they make them pink with sparkles/glitter/rhinestones???