Tuesday, August 12, 2008

picky eaters?!

My sweet and perfect Scarlett will eat anything...healthy. the other night my mom ordered pizza and Scarlett said,"Mommo, i can not eat this, i need some broccoli." i have really made an effort with her to get her to eat healthy, and my hard work has paid off. When she wants a snack she asks for fruit, not sweets. i am doing weight watchers to try and loose all of the weight i gained by being pregnant for the last few years, so i like to think i cook pretty healthy. i want to do what is best for my kids in this area, so i am sooo proud of scarlett and her eating habits...then there is owen. He won't even touch baby food. he is so picky!!!!!! i have been forced to put him on big people food. he will take a few bites of something and then shake his head"no" and want something else. and no he does not want things like fruit and veggies, he wants things like pizza and macaroni and cheese. i had to get creative. so i made some whole wheat pizza the other night and he loved it. but who has time to make pizza from scratch every night?! not me, i will tell you that. this just means i have to think of other things. the other day i was searching for healthy cookbooks and i found this one...


So far i love it. it takes a little time to puree everything but it is worth it. Plus, Owne has been eating a few of the purees and he likes them.

2 comments:

Amanda Brooke Kilgore said...

Wow! I wish Grant was as healthy of an eater as Scarlett is. Maybe I will have better luck with Rhett. I've been meaning to try Jessica's cookbook. I believe I may have to make that my next purchase. :) I've heard it's really good.

Amanda Brooke Kilgore said...

Hello???? Are you out there??